“This is a tour with the aim of mainly capturing photos of the Dalmatian Pelican in breeding plumage. Lake Kerkini in Greece is one of the best places to work with this bird with an attiyude.”
The winter tour will take us to Lake Kerkini in Greece. Lake Kerkini is an artifical water reservoir that has become one of the premium sites for bird photography in Greece. It is situated along the flyway for migratory birds en route to the Aegean Sea, the Balkan region, the Black Sea and the Hungarian steppes, Puszta. Our three days in the Lake Kerkini area will give us ample time to work with the Dalmatian Pelicans and other birds of interest.
We will meet at the airport in Sofia where we will be picked up by our local guide who will drive us to the accommodation in the Lake Kerkini area, approximately a three and half hours’ drive. We will stay there for three nights before we are transferred back to Sofia.
* This tour means outdoor photography
* We will use a boat, photo from the shore and maybe use portable hides during the days in Greece
* The photo tour is set at three to four people, excluding me
* We use a knowledgeable guide that has worked many years in the area
* Photographers of ALL levels are welcome
* We will be out in the field as much as possible. That is where the classroom is
* There will be a possibility to review images at the accommodation
* The impressive landscape as a backdrop in the pictures
* The different colors of the breeding plumage
* How close to the boat the Dalmatian Pelican will be
* Flying Pelicans by the boat
* See the difference between a Great White Pelican and a Dalmatian Pelican
* The possibility to witness a feeding frenzy
* The different water birds at Lake Kerkini
* A bonus if there is snow on the mountain tops
* Accommodation for 3 nights, double occupancy
* Transfer from and to Sofia Airport
* All meals on the photo tour
* Use of boat and portable hides
* All national park fees
* Professional guide services in Greece
* All road transfers in Greece and Bulgaria
* All extras such as telephone calls/curio shopping/postage and so forth
* Personal spending
* International flights & taxes
* Visas if required for Bulgaria or Greece, please check with your consulate or consultant
* Travel and medical insurance
* Any activities not included in the itinerary
* Alcoholic beverage
* Errors and Omissions
The cost for the Winter Tour to Lake Kerkini in Greece is €1135 per person (exclusive International flights). Upon registration a 25% deposit must be made directly to my partner to confirm the booking and the balance should be paid no less than 30 days before the tour starts. The fee includes all in-country ground transportation as well as accommodation (double occupancy), guide services and the meals specified in the itinerary. Single occupancy is €60 extra.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more info on this Winter Tour to Greece.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.