“Join me on a photo expedition to Botswana and its pristine wilderness. During a week you will live in the middle of its unspoilt nature with animals as your nearest neighbor. Leave your hectic everyday life and let us together experience Africa for real. You will greet Africa with an open mind and come home with impressions you never thought possible.”
This photo expedition will take you to two of Botswanas most prominent game reserves, Central Kalahari Game Reserve and Moremi Game Reserve. They are two opposite poles that will provide us with ample opportunities to explore the diversity at hand. CKGR vast open arid space, it is the second biggest game reserve in the world, will be a stark contrast to the lush and green Moremi Game Reserve on the outskirt of the Okavango Delta.
We meet up in Maun where we spend the first night at a Lodge going through what to expect of the photo expedition at hand. Four nights later we arrive back at the Lodge after spending time in the Central Kalahari Game Reserve on Mobile Safari, a autentic way of experiencing the wilderness in Botswana.
Next morning we’ll fly out to Moremi Game Reserve where we spend the last three nights. We will explore Moremi both from land and water before we head back to Maun and the flight back home.
* This is Mobile Safari, the only authentic way to experience Africa
* The expedition is fixed at 4 persons with the possibility to extended it to 8.
* We will use private game vehicles with max 2 photographers per row.
* We use open vehicles to give us the best opportunities to get the pictures we want.
* We use knowledgeable guides that has worked many years in Botswana.
* This is a real wildlife/bush experience. We live in tents with bush shower and bush ablution.
* Photographers of ALL levels are welcome.
* We will be out in the field as much as possible. That is where the classroom is.
* There will be a possibility to review images in camp but electricity is limited.
* Unique desert adapted wildlife and flora in Kalahari.
* Kalahari is Africa at its most remote and esoteric.
* Kalahari is famous for its black maned Lions and have a healthy population of Cheetah.
* Stargazing under the clear and unpolluted sky of the Kalahari.
* Moremi is one of the most beautiful wilderness area in Africa.
* Experience the diverse habitats of Moremi
* The endangered African Wild Dog thrive in Moremi.
* Experience Moremi from air, land and water.
The expedition is planned, and will be run, by a Safari specialist in Botswana. It is a professional company that runs tailor-made private Mobile Safari mainly in Botswana and Zimbabwe, but also Namibia and Zambia on request.
* 2 nights accommodation at Thamalakane Lodge with Bed, Breakfast and Dinner included
* Transfer from and to Maun Airport
* All meals on the safari nights as indicated on the itinerary
* Limited selected drinks on camping nights (beer, soft drinks, red and white house wine, water)
* All park fees and camping fees – subject to Park fee increase
* Professional guide services in Botswana
* Road transfer Maun – CKGR – Maun & Moremi – Maun
* Game flight from Maun to Moremi
* 3 hour boat cruise in Moremi
* All extras such as telephone calls/curio shopping/postage and so forth
* Personal spending
* International flights & taxes
* Visas if required for Botswana, please check with your consulate or consultant
* Travel and medical insurance
* Any activities not included in the itinerary
* Any drinks not specified
* Errors and Omissions
* Drinks, lunch and activities and extras at Thamalakane River Lodge
Complete itinerary : Botswana Desert and Delta 2018 TBA
The cost for this photo expedition is $TBA per person (exclusive International flights) and is paid directly to my partner in Botswana. The same rate applies for each participant regardless of whether they are doing photography, or not. This fee includes all in-country ground and air transportation as well as accommodation (double occupancy) and the meals specified in the itinerary.
Do not hesitate to contact me for more info on this adventure of a bygone Era.